PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RULES BELOW, I WILL NOT RESPOND TO YOUR REQUEST DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING NUMBER OF OFF TOPIC AND IMPROPERLY SUBMITTED GUEST POSTS.
We enjoy having guest blog posts so we can offer different perspectives on financial matters, so we welcome your pitch for a guest post. Here are the rules regarding guest posting:
1. Keep it family friendly (No F-Bombs).
2. It must be an original blog post or article. You can link to it on the site, but do not post the exact article or blog post anywhere else online.
3. You can use a link in the signature box but it cannot have keywords in the link and that is to comply with Google’s webmaster guidelines (read more here.)
4. You must let us know what site your post will link to in your guest post pitch email. We will not accept guest posts for the following topics or link to the following types of businesses:
- Pay Day Loan Companies
- Credit Repair Firms
- Loan Modification Companies
- Debt Relief / Debt Consolidation Companies
- Non US Based websites
5. Ideal post length is 750-1,000 words’ more is ok, less is typically not.
6. Sharing via social networks is expected. Your post will be shared through the various Social Media channels that we have and are connected with (and that reaches tens of thousands of people) so we expect that you will share it as well. We love it when our content goes viral!
7. Responding to comments on your post is not required but appreciated. We will do our best to notify you if we get a question directed to you that would not be ideal for us to answer. This is a great opportunity to engage our audience.
8. If you are a media or PR agency, we are happy to work with you. If you are getting paid, we should get paid too, so expect to discuss a sponsored post rather than a guest post.
9. Please proofread your pitch email. I cannot tell you how many pitches we get with poor grammar… they get deleted because we sincerely doubt the writing quality will be any better and we pride ourselves on quality content.
10. THIS IS THE MOST OVERLOOKED GUIDELINE. If you meet the above criteria and would like to guest post, please send the post or topic along with the site that the post will link to via email to anthony(@)fiscallysound.com. If you do not send the link to know what we are linking to, we cannot approve the post and will not respond. The biggest oversight people make when requesting to guest post here is a failure to provide the site the post would link to and that is critical as we see this as an endorsement of the site or company that we are linking to.
If you do not hear back within 3 weeks, please assume we are not interested in hosting your content. This is not an attempt to be rude, but we get several guest blog post requests on a weekly basis, and most are from people who simply haven’t read or complied with the rules, so we just can’t respond to them all to say “please read the rules and resubmit.”
BONUS – Sending a rock solid sample of your work helps.